FDA Proposed “Regulations” Will Kill Vitamins, Benefit Big Pharma.
- The FDA was prevented 17 years ago from killing off your access to natural supplements, and they are sore losers – they have never forgotten it and they have not forgotten who their masters are.
- They now have proposed new “regulations” that will effectively kill off the natural supplement industry.
- These are “regulations”, not “laws”, so they can be enacted, enforced, changed, enhanced and expanded at the whim of a bureaucrat – not a lawmaker.
- The Wellness Club along with many others in the natural health field is asking you to contact your elected representatives to object to this destructive power-grab by the FDA
- Click here http://www.capwiz.com/lef/issues/alert/?alertid=51641606&type=CO to email a petition to your Congressional members.
America is becoming a nation of Bureaucracies out-of-control in their thirst for power, control, and money.
- There is the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) who have been found to be selling guns to Mexican drug lords. (News for “Fast and Furious”)
- We have the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) groping little old ladies and children while their agents traffic in drugs. (TSA agents arrested for drug-running)
- The USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) fills it’s days sending out gun-waving agents to raid small family farms and food cooperatives for daring to sell unpasteurized milk. (Raw Milk Raid)
- Armed agents from the U.S. Department of Justice and the US Fish and Wildlife Services teamed up to raid the factories of Gibson Guitars. (Gibson Guitar Raid)
- Heavily armed swat teams from the Department of Education have taken to kicking in doors to conduct their raids. (Dept Of Ed Raid)
- And of course, who can ignore the FBI as they mete out their form of justice on various religious groups, women, children, and infants – serving as judge, jury, and executioner all-in-one: what a time and money-saver! (FBI raids)
So, let us not forget our beloved FDA – who is seeking to further increase it’s ability to protect it’s masters in the Pharmaceutical industry with “regulations” that will effectively end your ability to obtain and use the vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other dietary supplements that you have used safely for decades and have come to depend upon as a part of your good health program. (Draft Guidance for Industry: Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues)
We wrote about this recently in Dr. Myatt’s Wellness Club Forced Out Of Business? when we described the problem and asked you to contact your elected representatives to object to this power-grab.
To those of you who did call or write your representatives we say thank you. To those who have not yet done so, we ask you to please do not put it off any longer.
If the FDA gets it’s way you can kiss your natural supplements goodbye!
We at The Wellness Club are not the only ones sounding the alarm on this – recently many of the other “big names” in the natural health field have taken up the call: Dr. Mercola, Life Extension Foundation, the Alliance for Natural Health USA, the Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association, and many others are joining their voices in warning against this bureaucratic power-grab.
Here is some information that we recently received from the AZNMA (Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association ):
Dear AzNMA Members
Greatest Threat Since FDA Tried to Turn Nutrients into Prescription Drugs!
Let Your Voice be Heard on September 8th (We know the date is past but please let your voice be heard anyhow)
The FDA has proposed new guidelines that will enable the government to ban the most effective dietary supplements you are now taking.
If these guidelines are enacted, many of the most valuable supplements you take today will be removed from the market.
What is Being Done to Stop this Travesty?
To give you an idea about how dangerous these draconian proposals are, Life Extension® helped organize a protest. And dozens of other health freedom organizations agreed to synchronize a consumer revolt.
We need to convince Congress to review the FDA’s absurd claims and stand against the draft New Dietary Ingredient (NDI) guidelines. Please join us in this nationwide campaign!
We’re asking each of you to phone your Senators and Representative on September 8 (even though this date is past please call any way) and voice your opposition to the NDI (dietary supplement) guidance.
Tell them why you’re upset over the NDI guidance, and ask them to hold hearings on the FDA’s position.
The FDA is clearly overreaching its authority, and the logic of its arguments is beyond absurd. Congress has FDA oversight and needs to review the agency’s actions in creating this new guidance.
Please call the congressional switchboard toll-free at 1-877-762-8762
They will connect you with your Representative’s office. You can use the same phone number to be connected to the office of each of your two Senators. Here is a Citizen’s Petition you can read to the health staff member you speak with:
“The FDA has proposed guidelines that place burdensome new restrictions on dietary supplements introduced after October 15, 1994. That means that nutrients that I have been safely using over the course of three decades will be subject to the FDA’s oppressive policies that mandate costly animal testing. This translates into forced withdrawal from the market of many of my dietary supplements and higher prices for me if the supplement is allowed to be sold again. I ask that you call the FDA Office of Nutrition, Labeling and Dietary Supplements at 1-888-723-3366 and demand that they withdraw the proposed guidelines they issued in July 2011 and work with the Alliance for Natural Health to formulate safety guidelines that make sense for the consumer and the economy.”
Click here http://www.capwiz.com/lef/issues/alert/?alertid=51641606&type=CO to email this same petition to your Congressional members (but please also phone it in … it’s that important!).
After speaking with the office of your Representative and two Senators, call the FDA Office of Nutrition, Labeling and Dietary Supplements at 1-888-723-3366 to read the following citizen’s petition to them:
“I am petitioning the FDA regarding your draft guidance on New Dietary Ingredient notifications for dietary supplements known as Draft Guidance for Industry: Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues.
I demand that you immediately disregard all the proposals you outlined and instead consider a rational and scientific approach to regulating new dietary ingredients that will be submitted to you by the Alliance for Natural Health within the next 90 days.
Your proposed guidelines on New Dietary Ingredients will cause the price of my supplements to skyrocket, and some of these life-sustaining supplements are likely to disappear altogether.
This is not acceptable especially when there are no significant reports of adverse reactions to the supplements the FDA may ban.
In as much as your threat to ban my access to new dietary ingredients is causing me great anxiety which is injurious to my health, I insist that you immediately put your proposed new guidance on hold for a 90-day period so that the Alliance for Natural Health can submit comments to ensure a system that protects me against unsafe ingredients without destroying my access to low-cost effective nutrients.”
You will be hearing more about this urgent matter from Life Extension and other health freedom organizations very soon.
Thank you for taking the time to have your voice heard.
Mark Strom, ND
Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association
Please – resolve to take action now. Do not depend on “someone else” to do it – they may be depending on you!
Posted in Health Freedom | No Comments »