Simple Mineral Protects And Renews Brain Cells
By Nurse Mark
Lithium is a unique but often overlooked mineral with many health uses. It is a natural mineral in the same family as sodium and potassium.
Most people are familiar with the lithium salts (carbonate and citrate) used to treat manic-depression (bipolar disorder). This form of lithium is not easily absorbed, so extremely high doses must be used (1200mg of lithium carbonate per dose, for example). At these doses, lithium is highly toxic. These toxic salt forms are available only by prescription, and for good reason.
Lithium orotate is 20-times more biologically active than other forms of lithium, and is extremely safe. In orotate form, lithium acts as a mineral supplement that may be beneficial for:
- protecting and renewing brain cells
- Alzheimer’s prevention and possibly even reversal
- migraine and cluster headaches
- low white blood cell count (especially after chemotherapy)
- spatial memory improvement (”Where did I park my car?”)
- Meniere’s disease (dizziness, tinnitus, hearing loss)
- Improves cognitive impairment in HIV+ patients
Posted in Mental Health, Senior Health | No Comments »